PR and cancer

Seaniedunnie

Hi

Not sure i have got the right space, but sure i will be redirected if need be.

I am currently in OZ on a 457 till March 2017. 6 months after getting here my partner discovered she had secondary breast cancer, and finished treatment in April. It has always been our plan to go for PR but realise this puts a major dent in our plans.

We have two lads 6 and 14 so dont want to upheave them again if possible. My employer is committed and ideally see me being with them for the long term and are happy to support in any way possible.

If anyone has any thoughts on what our plan of action should be or useful advice we would appreciate it

Thanks in advance

Sean

Hi

I am currently in OZ on a 457 till March 2017. 6 months after getting here my partner discovered she had secondary breast cancer, and finished treatment in April. It has always been our plan to go for PR but realise this puts a major dent in our plans.

We have two lads 6 and 14 so dont want to upheave them again if possible. My employer is committed and ideally see me being with them for the long term and are happy to support in any way possible.

If anyone has any thoughts on what our plan of action should be or useful advice we would appreciate it

Thanks in advance

Sean

I'd recommend talking to an agent with good medical experience -Peter Bollard or George Lombard come to mind.

Hi

Thanks in advance

Sean

People who have had cancer do get visas, so it is not a bar to immigration. But on the other hand, this is recent and some are declined as well, especially when it is more recent. I don't think anyone can provide you with real tangible advice on a forum, this is definitely a case for a good migration agent. Good luck.

I had cancer the first time back in 2012 whilst on a 457. Applied for ens186 in 2014 following 2 years of good-ish health. Was referred for further info from my medical team following the regular medical during the application process. Medical team provided a good report ( which basically outlined the symptom, remedy and general health forecast for the future, which at the time was good); PR was then granted last July.

I guess it all depends very much on the individual circumstances. Good luck!

Archived